Pages

Friday 11 April 2014

My Second Drawer

In my kitchen, my second drawer down in my kitchen housed my dish towels and things like tinfoil, sandwich bags and black bin bags. 


Unfortunately it looked like this


Image

Grrrrr....I hated how everything moved around. I also apologise for the lighting in my photos. I'm learning, but unfortunately my kitchen has not got the greatest light in this area.


So I was trying to come up with a solution that rolled around my head for many months before eventually finding the perfect thing! I considered tension rods which came in at around £3.99 each. I also thought of dividers that might keep the towels etc separate. None on them seemed like an easy solution to maintain in the long runs. 


So instead I got one of these!


Image

Yes! A cutlery divider! I got my partner to bend one of the sections round so to create a longer section as the tinfoil didn't fit in it so a little snip, a bend and a knock with the hammer and 



TADA!


Image

I'm so happy with the end result! I placed a piece of gripper mat underneath so it wouldn't shoot back and forth when opening the drawer. I now have a section for each thing! I have my clingfilm in another drawer with my grease proof paper as I don't use it as often. Its been a few days now and it appears to be working and is still staying neat and tidy.


Does anyone else have another solution to this problem they can share or perhaps I'm not the first to do this solution. 
Leave a comment of what you think.

Linked to I Heart Organising

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I would love it if you joined and contribute your awesome posts at my link party at City of Creative Dreams on Fridays :D Hope to see you there at City of Creative Dreams Link Party

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your invitation! I would love to contribute to the link party. :o)

      Delete

I would love to hear what you think and what you do different in your home!

Please leave a me a message, I would love to hear from you.

All comments are moderated and may not appear straight away.